Wednesday 15 February 2012

Schoolhouse

No. 1 The Row was the schoolhouse - like the Post Office there are lots of nice features and alcoves where I could display my work.  I have thought about placing an old school desk here but it didn't seem quite right........my inspiration came from visiting the exhibition in Tyneham schoolhouse which has been fully restored, giving an idea of what life was like all those years ago and the children who were educated there.

 Ideas for place







There is a saying written high on the wall........


I have created a piece in response to these words.......I thought about the lichen and moss that grows in Tyneham and how I could grow the words........I looked into ways of doing this but with so little time left the lichen would not grow quick enough for what I wanted, so I decided to stitch the words........






I have used this large piece of bark to display the words.....I like the fact they blend in with the background and only discovered upon closer inspection........

No comments:

Post a Comment