Saturday 28 January 2012

The Gardener's Cottage


In amongst the ruins of the roofless properties nature has taken over.  Small plants grow up high making a home in the abandoned cottages.  I have created a number of different pieces mainly to go into the Gardeners Cottage including knitted leaves which will be placed among real plants and embroidered lichen which will be attached to branches.


This is another piece I am currently working on which is called ‘No Welcome Home’.  During my visits to Tyneham I have collected wood and branches that have fallen around the cottages.  I have used a band saw to cut these into small buttons which I will stitch onto cloth. This will then form a rug which I will put in front of one of the old fireplaces in the cottage.




No comments:

Post a Comment